An 80 amp MPPT (maximum power point tracking) solar charge controller is a device used to optimize the charging of a battery or battery bank from a photovoltaic (PV) solar panel array.
1. High current handling capacity: The 80 amp rating of the controller indicates that it can handle a high current flow, making it suitable for use with large PV solar panel arrays and battery banks.
2. Maximum power point tracking: The MPPT technology in the controller allows it to continuously track the maximum power point of the PV solar panel array and extract the maximum amount of power possible.
3. Multiple battery charging options: The controller may have options for charging different types of batteries, such as sealed lead-acid, flooded lead-acid, and lithium-ion.
4. Multiple load control options: The controller may have options for controlling the load connected to the battery or battery bank, such as a load disconnect function or low voltage disconnect function.
5. LCD display: The controller may have an LCD display that provides information about the status of the charging process and the battery or battery bank.
6. Remote monitoring and control: The controller may have a communication interface, such as a USB port or Bluetooth connectivity, that allows for remote monitoring and control of the charging process.
7. Overcharge and over-discharge protection: The controller may have built-in protection against overcharging and overdischarging of the battery or battery bank, to help prolong their lifespan.